DELIGHT

Where the Unlikely Electric is Found...

10:12 AM

CHANGE CHANGE

Posted by Heather Arney |


Change...I am certain that a few thousand folks have cleverly written about change in all too profound ways over the course of the years...I won't claim to be profound, I'll just write my two cents. I know people can hope to protect the very place they are at, and truly fight against things being a different way...but as some quote tells us, the only thing constant in life is change.

Me, being the traveling/moving maniac, knows this fact. Cannot even count how many times my "I think I can.." minivan has traversed the country from east to west coast, California to British Columbia, etc. And I find myself in a new season once again. New job which ultimately is a blessing, even if right now I'm still figuring it out....a wonderful roommate - (WHO goes to target, and FOR FUN tries on little kids clothes?! The largest kids' sizes fit us, and geez last night was a blast!), etc. And realizing within myself that Fresno is now in fact, "home."

I think sometimes my life is like a puzzle. (By the way, it may be a bad analogy, as I detest puzzles)...I had a bunch of really similar looking pieces, and was trying to put them together, but was getting really frustrated, as it LOOKED like the pieces fit together, when in reality, they were slightly off, and just didn't match. And maybe I would have been crazy to keep seeing if the pieces would fit, when it was determined that they did not. That may be confusing...but it reminds me not to try so hard to make things be "a certain way," and to live more naturally, with a surrendered approach....the word "allow" comes to mind.

As I continue to go from one season to the next though, I am continually aware of how much God is in control of it all, and how He knows and sees and is intricately involved in the details of my life. It allows me to freak out less, and love life and others moment to moment, more.

There are a MILLION definitions of "change" on thefreedictionary.com, but the one I delight in, in this moment is:
"To put a fresh covering on." Yes, they may be referring to changing the sheets on one's bed, but forgetting that....I want to put a fresh cover on....to be moldable, to flow with the change, to enjoy each day, to live intentionally and purposefully....from season to season.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe