DELIGHT

Where the Unlikely Electric is Found...

10:36 AM

COME ONE COME ALL to the HOBO CONVENTION

Posted by Heather Arney |




I am not sure why it surprises me that there is a National Hobo Convention. Why would there not be? There are conventions for just about everything under the sun.

My mom was out visiting her mom in Iowa over these past two weeks, out in the farmy, beautiful barn, simple life, countryside. I talked to her this morning as she was passing through Britt, Iowa. And she told me that they have a Hobo Museum there www.hobo.com (you have got to peruse their website!), and a National Convention that happens every August. From their site:

"What is the Hobo Convention?
The National Hobo Convention is the largest gathering of hobos, rail-riders, and tramps, who gather to celebrate the American traveling worker."

"What is a hobo??" you may ask? Well, it's too much for me to type out here...but go to www.hobo.com/what_is_a_hobo.htm

"The National Hobo Museum in Britt, Iowa contains the most extensive hobo artifacts collection and is the only National Hobo Museum in the world."
Hey, consider yourself greatly informed....I have now saved you a little legwork for when you plan your next trip through the great state of Iowa. Hah!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe